If you are not a graduate student or faculty/staff member of UMBC, please contact David Demarest at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the process of finding a UMBC partner, who will assist with your project and submit the proposal. While you require a UMBC partner to apply for funds, we welcome the initiative of off-campus entities (e.g. BCPSS Title I K-8 schools themselves, local arts organizations that serve these populations) to generate plans and ideas.
- Full-time UMBC faculty, with approval of proposal from Department Chair
- Full-time UMBC staff, with approval of proposal from Department Chair
- Full-time graduate students (for projects up to $1,000 only), with approval of proposal from the Graduate Program Director and Department Chair
NOTE: All proposals must abide by workload policies associated with the applicant’s position.
For Projects Over $1,000
- Fall Deadline: TBD – approximately October 2022
- Spring Deadline: TBD – approximately March 2023
- Decision and Notification: Within 3-4 weeks after submission
For Projects Up to $1,000
- Deadline: Rolling
- Decision and Notification: Within two weeks of confirmation of receipt of application
Submit a Proposal (via Google Form)
Two categories of proposals based on the amount of funds requested:
- Charlesmead Initiative for Arts Education (Up to $1,000)
- Charlesmead Initiative for Arts Education (Over $1,000)
Please reach out to David Demarest at email@example.com if you have any questions. We want to help you succeed!